Sunday 15 November 2009

Line in the sand...........

















I often wonder what makes other women draw the line in the sand and actually get down to the business of losing weight and maintaining their weight in a sensible manner and embracing all the aspects of diets.

Let’s face it we do the “I’ll start on Monday or after the holidays etc.....” or we may start every Monday for a month with good intentions but by 4pm have blown the “diet” with half a packet of digestives or we pick a diet with such rigid food intake or bizarre food combinations with either have to become a hermit or we just chuck in the towel on day three due to feeling nausea at our own breath or we have no energy to dice cucumber into a cup and eat it with a cocktail stick just like the diet tells you too.

Mine was my meltdown in the changing room at M&S where I was looking for a dress that would “slim me” the dress with the magic bullet to dissolve fat has yet to be invented so why I was rushing round the racks of M&S on the Kings Road is beyond me.
I think it was the harsh reality of there is no such dress ........... Plus there never will be and if I wanted to look slimmer I had to be slimmer so I needed to get a grip and not just get all angry and hit the food hall next door and buy a £10 3 course meal deal with pudding thrown in.

So Sunday 4th of October was my line in the sand day ......

No comments:

Post a Comment