Tuesday 10 November 2009

Going to bed hungry......

No I’m not Oliver Twist in the workhouse in Dickensian times asking for more.

I have emptied the cupboards and fridge of all the forbidden food like Nuttella chocolate spread, peanuts, crisps and yes chocolate and cakes..... The food that have caused the inches to creep on my body. Prior to starting my diet I kept a food diary for two weeks mapped out hour by hour and yes I work long hours and most of it is either sat in front of a laptop or going to breakfast meeting , lunch meetings or drinks events with canapés – always involving food.

So armed with my trusty pink Moleskine I made notes........ OMG do I snack.





I start the day off healthy with granola or porridge and then by 10am it descends into a farce with the odd chuck of chocolate or biscuit and then by 4pm I need a sugar surge to get me through till 6pm when I finish work....
By 11pm it’s just carnage – a list of wholemeal toast with Nuttella spread or honey, a small bag of Maltesers , 12 mouth sized canapés loaded with carb’s and fat ....... 4 large dry white wines ....
















So I go to bed full loaded and for the first hour just toss and turn and feel uncomfortable – now I’m on my weight loss mission all these foods have disappeared and I’m eating sensibly and I’m having slow release carb’s which mean I don’t have the sugar high and crash ...... I am monitoring everything.

So yes I’m going to bed hungry but not OMG I could eat my own arm hungry – it’s just because my body is adjusting to the fact at 11pm it’s not having two rounds of toast all be it wholemeal bread and dripping with honey.

Yes I’m dropping straight off to sleep and I’m not waking up like I have barely slept........
The other big pointer was as I was on a constant sugar high or crash I had no energy for exercise or even the thought of a brisk walk round the park.... So the intake of junk was high and no exertion to burn the intake off....

Now I do a daily brisk walk and I’m burning off the intake of healthy food which in turn has helped me sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment