Friday 1 January 2010

Bored, bored, bored............

Out of my tiny mind ...... in August I had a month of work – I just shut down shop and reflected and thought about my life.

I’m bored and unhappy and overweight – nothing like going away and seeing yourself in a long mirror in your bikini – I stay in a beautiful apartment with a very private balcony so no one else can see my blubber – besides the resort is aimed at the older more discerning visitor – so for around the last 4 years I have joked well it’s younger and slightly firmer than the other residents...



So Giens is where I have my light bulb moment – drawn breath and plan my coming year – I do my New Year resolutions in August not January – always ahead of the pack. August is a dead month nothing happens so instead of waiting for something to happen – going away allows me time to think of things I want to happen.

So first off why am I bored – well life is not challenging and because I’m not stretched but drained – drained by loads of passive aggressive in my life – drained by toxic folk leeching off me – drained by no excitement ...... also drained by feeling not myself.

So I embarked on a long term plan and since then life has got better. I’m a girl who always has to have a Plan A B C D E and so on – taking the helicopter view.

Plan A – remove the toxic folk and the passive aggressive people who have those tinny voices which just drone on about why they can’t do anything but always seem to put the damper on your natural enthusiasm and thoughts – so if you’re about to do something exciting, nerve wracking you can’t have folk whinging on how you could fail before you have started.

Plan B – get my life back so to this end I have retired from my former life and I am about to start on a new and exciting retail venture. I’m on day one technically and after walking the dog and making some soup ...... retirement sucks much over rated.

Plan C – must look good as I have decided as no one speaks directly to or sells to women over 40 about fashion/ beauty / accessories then I will – but if you’re going to stand up and shout your mouth off you need to feel good.....and know you look your best. So knowing that trying to shift around 28lbs wasn’t going to happen overnight I started in September and then really got my mojo going in October.

Yes over the last eight days as I kissed good bye to my former life and embraced Christmas I did eat Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake and eat Quality Street – well Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the green triangle but I’m back on track and raring to go ........ because deep down I’m vain and yes being vain makes you lose weight and I know if I feel good I’ll make a success of my new business .......



So life is precious so on with the diet and exercise and as Mark Twain said "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So, throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in you sails."

1 comment:

  1. I'v been making my list. In order to be prepared and equipped to do your next thing, often there are a few things that must go.

    I'm a bad quitter... or maybe I'm a good hanger on-er. Whichever it is, fact is I don't let go of things easily- good, bad or indifferent.

    And, can I come in August and carry your bags? I'll walk the Prince, too!

    ReplyDelete