Wednesday 20 January 2010

Lent.


Easter is early this year – yes a movable feast on the religious calendar. So I have just been working out the dates for Lent – Ash Wednesday the first day of Lent is on the 17th of February – normally I do something extra not forgo something during Lent .

So I’m now trying to think of a 40 day challenge which will stretch me and also make me a better person.

I have been doing a number of 21 days challenges which have worked as they are now part of my normal routine – like drinking 8 glasses of water – doing a brisk 5K walk – so 40 days is a natural next step and making me focus.

I think I might actually join a gym and get some one on one training which would really kick start me. I have decided to take up all the offers of the free one day trails – so I can actually see the gym in action and the faculties, plus the level of trainer standards. I have joined several gyms and paid a hefty sum of money and then had some pert size 0 girls / boy race through the programme and the next time I attend the gym is busting at the seams and the trainer does that rolling eyes look when I ask for assistance.......

Oh, trust me I will be giving up the obligatory chocolate for Lent but hopefully this year will not gorge on Easter Sunday with the mountain of Easter eggs.......

1 comment:

  1. Around here it would be easy to collect enough freebie days at the different gyms you could do the whole 40 days free...sounds like you have managed to stay on the 21 day challenges very easily, yay for you

    ReplyDelete