Friday 8 January 2010

Kick up the butt............

After the excesses of Christmas and the lead up to it I realised I actually only had about 7 days off the wagon. I know I haven’t piled on all the weight I had lost so to get my mojo back I was wondering what I needed to do.

At the moment we are having very bad weather – snow , ice and frost so not really conducive for ramping up the exercise as I don’t want to fall or injure myself ......... plus I’ve never found a home exercise DVD I want to try out.

So I have just been watching a TV programme called My Big Fat Diet .......

There is a group of women trying to drop a dress size in two weeks by restricting their diet to 1200 calories a day – so I’m doing this and they have a very helpful website with calories etc and meal plans.

So tomorrow we are starting the kick start diet in this house – I thought if I start before the weekend it will help me avoid being “naughty “over the weekend.

The programme also opened a “pop up “ supermarket which had all the food as a 100 calories fresh and readymade – when you saw what proportions are actually 100 calories next to the container which is a meal for one which is actually called low cal/ low fat and equals around 800 calories !

Seeing the food in 100 calorie proportions was a big eye opener........

No comments:

Post a Comment