Sunday 10 January 2010

January – the first month of the year.......

Plus the month of new / faddy diets and the buzz word detox.
In the major national papers over the last ten days I have counted at least 23 different diets – from just calorie counting to buying the latest rave book which guarantees you shed around 20lbs in two weeks if you follow their bizarre rituals!
I have noticed almost every night time advertisement on the TV is for some diet company, slimming bar / shake or gym or exercise product.......plus an upsurge in hypnotise tapes/ podcasts for slimming.
I know come June they will reappear again as we all attempt to get beach fit!
So I now think in my next life if I wish to make shed loads of money I need to get into the faddy diet business as people spend fortunes on the miracle cures which drop the weight in the quickest amount of time .........or maybe I need to work on getting a voice which doesn’t sound so girlish and more calming and has more authority “you will love your thighs and your lardy belly” ....... “move away from the fridge NOW!”



The weight didn’t appear overnight it piled on gradually mouthful by mouthful so how can it disappear quickly – so we want a quick fix because we have everything thing so instantly in this modern age –so weight loss should be the same.

1 comment:

  1. So many people fall into the trap of wanting to lose it overnight, it is impossible, we don't gain it overnight, well I did last time I was in the hospital, but that was different...lol, still it didn't disappear overnight and I'm still carrying more than I had when I went in. I get a few magazines in the mail and they all have something about weight loss on the cover and of course inside...the best thing to do is just eat right...it is tht simple...now if we could only stick to it....

    ReplyDelete