Wednesday 27 January 2010

Another light dims........

This is not a fatty post but a post to remind me to live life to the full and to make sure I make the maximum use of every waking hour.......

Today another light dimmed – another star went up into the sky – my beautiful and fabulous Susan – a life whisked away too quickly by Cancer.

Susan who lit up a room and had a delicious laughter taken at 47 by breast cancer – a long a slow death which robbed her of looks and vitality.

But I’m still carrying in my head the night of your 40th when this was not on the horizon – when your snow blonde hair tumbled down your back, you had a beautiful green chiffon dress on and the highest heels a girl can wear – way to go girl – you literally had heads turning as we entered the restaurant – we danced the night away afterwards.........

So Susan I know your now sat with the other honourable roll call of Eileen, Julie, Nicky, Helen Lynn and Doreen free from pain and worry – as much as I’ll miss I’m so not ready to join you – but do tell the girls I’m having a ball doing all the things they never got a chance to do .........

Have fun ladies and Eileen I will soon be back to the old Vicki just for you xxxx

Cheers ........

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry... I had no idea you were facing this.
    Love and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my beloved Susan died on Sunday- my cousin.

    She is now in a happy place with my other family no doubt organising a big party - she was an events organiser so heaven is in for a a riot - I hope they like canapes !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well honey – the funeral was beautiful 600 people – two black horses pulling the hearse with black feathered plumes and a white wicker casket. The hearse was glass and just filled with flowers – the scent was over powering.
    The church was over flowing and the flowers – there must have been every lily in Manchester on some form of arrangement. Jack (Dad) said it was a pure Rochdale show business funeral – but then added you were a star......
    Everyone was commenting on what an honour it was to know you and how you lit the room up. I did a slideshow of all of us it was as sad as so many have now gone on – but it has made us realise how much we must treasure very day.
    Just to make you laugh John aka Fat Dabs tripped going in to the church so we reckon Eileen must have been around !
    Well honey – make sure the fridge and the drinks cabinet is always topped up as I know Denise is ready to join you – she looked lovely in her wheel chair but she is tired and I think it will be days before she joins you – can you get our Lynn to plump the cushions on the sofa ready !!!!

    ReplyDelete