Sunday 3 January 2010

Grazing...........

After the excess of Christmas we all embark on a detox/ diet/ exercise routine........ I’m sure #Detox will be a Twitter trend through January then #ifellofthewagon

I know I used to over indulge over Christmas with the idea come January 1st I would become a complete health nut and start a healthy eating regime but since I have hit forty without fail all my good intentions have fallen by the wayside come the end of the 1st week.

Partly because I was so unrealistic and also because I looked at the scales and thought “OMG how much have I got to lose” plus when I have tried the gym it’s busting with other folk all doing the same thing so queues a mile long – short but crappy explanations by spin dry gym bunnies who have that sneering look of skinny 20+ who think “I’ll never get that fat or let myself go that far” so all the new gym clothes/ shoes go in the new gym bag under the bed and gather dust.
So what’s different for 2010- first I started my diet in September after taking stock of my life and where it was going also not having the pressure of January and a definite start date the 1st!

Also I looked at what makes me put on weight and I realised normally I still have a mountain of excess food in the cupboards and fridge so waste not want not and either try and eat it all before the 1st ......... or try and ignore it !
So after all the buzz and disrupted routine of the festive break and going from gluttony to starvation and this delicious food calling from the cupboard or staring at me from the fridge when I go in for my lettuce leaves – no extra buying – none of the “just in case food” .........

Plus as it’s cold at night and suddenly all the new TV series start that’s when the grazing starts – in the adverts you jump up and put the kettle on and then you open the fridge for the milk and hey a small slice of cake isn’t going to kill the diet ....... or maybe two biscuits – or a bowl of trifle ...... the list is endless.




So no excess food = no grazing ............ the down side is I now have a ton of excess energy so at 7pm on a Sunday night I have just cleaned under and behind all the domestic appliances in the kitchen – you could eat your dinner of the floor under my dishwasher ......... just need to channel this energy !

1 comment:

  1. very inspiring darling, I think I too have some cleaning to do :)

    ReplyDelete