Wednesday 27 January 2010

We all have ideas about exercise..........

My idea is its hell and should be avoided at all costs – so doing my daily 5K walk has been torture and has taken every ounce of motivation to get my feet on the floor and in trainers day after day.

Walking is good but in reality I would like to tone everywhere and feel a bit less jelly and flabby but I hate gyms due to past experience so I was thinking what should I do.

In 2003 I did the big annual charity Race for Life which is 5K and it’s a huge fund raiser for Cancer Research – being the competitive minx I actually joined a running club as I was no way coming in last and the park closed or a guy sweeping up the crowds rubbish up when I hobbled past the finish line. I did the running club two nights a week round Hyde Park which was great but so not me and I had a specific goal in mind – I did my race it took me 25 mins and I collected my medal – handed over the money and lay down on the sofa – never to run again.







So I have read all the PR/hype about Power Plates – my idea was you stood on a huge vibrating plate which wobbled the fat off and toned you up..........

NO






You actually work out around the plate so you do leg lunges with one leg on the vibrating plate - you use rubber bands and do bends on the plate – you lie on the floor with your feet up around the plate doing sit ups – you do press ups with your arms on the plate .......... your exhausted.

Yes I loved it – first reason was the instructor was very clear with her instructions – second each session lasts for a timed 30 seconds – third I could feel the immediate impact.

I also loved I was confided to one area and just concentrated on one piece of equipment and not having to remember each piece of equipments uses and how many pounds weight I needed and the sequence order – you do use props like a ball and hand weights and a Pilates ring but it’s with ease.

It was a full 30 minutes and for £20 excellent value – I’m hooked – oh and you don’t need expensive gym outfits – I had track suit bottoms, t-shirt and my socks ...... plus I walked from home.

I would highly recommend everyone have a go ....... I used Powertone Studios Battersea and Naydne is a wonderful instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment