Tuesday 15 December 2009

Betty – why have you entered my dreams.......?

I have noticed in the build up to Christmas the amount of “stuff “we buy ..... Extra nuts, crisps, chocolates and even silly things like different preserves and chutneys........ All of this food is just in case...
Just in case someone comes round.
Just in case we run out
Just in case the shops never open again
Just in case there is no more food left in the shops........

Then come March you look in the cupboards when your spring cleaning and you find a stash of just in case food which gets given to charity as no one wants to eat it or it will not make a meal.

This weekend I went in to the West End of London to look at the shops for research and the major iconic shops in London have pulled out all the stops and most windows had a dazzling array of goods from clothes to jewellery and home ware and food.

Selfridges had this amazing window and nestling in the middle of the massive display was a box – Betty Crocker French Vanilla cake mix .......... I was drooling almost licking the window – thankfully the shop didn’t open for another two hours.







Why – I do love vanilla and the picture of the cake looked so delicious all the way home all I could think of was Betty and her cake ........

So maybe I’m not buying all the just in case food this Christmas but Betty is coming over Christmas as I do feel I deserve a treat and I think Betty would make me so happy on Boxing Day watching old films on the sofa ...... plus she would be handy just in case a visitor came ?

No comments:

Post a Comment