Sunday 6 December 2009

Where is the laughter?

For a girl who has always had the glass overflowing, the eternal optimist ....... daydreamer extraordinaire this last two weeks I‘ve had this feeling of drowning in my own overflowing glass of optimism.

So not like me!

I have had this feeling that I’m running 4 hours late – that feeling you have when you oversleep for an important meeting and you don’t have time to wash your hair, you ladder your tights getting dressed and can’t find another pair in that colour so have to rethink the outfit and then miss the train by a nano second.... and you never catch up all day plus you look and feel crap all day.

Well it’s been like that for me and on two days had a knock on effect on my diet – thankfully I got home in the evening and checked into Spark People and retrieved the situation and put it into perspective so didn’t continue down the road to crappy eating ......... you know the one where you think to hell with it one super large pizza with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s will just finish off the crap day and then you lie in bed filled with self loathing and bloated.........

The other thing is I turned quite introverted and just went into my shell which is quite unlike me- so this week I slowed the pace right down and did a big review of all my routines and work and just every area of my life.

I went through my diary for December “the season to be jolly” looked at the schedule and thought where is the laughter? So all the dreary meetings are out , plus all the meetings with people who are booked in “just because we need to catch up before Christmas “ – I thought actually if truth be known I don’t like you 11 months of the year so why do I have to suffer you just because Christmas is coming .......?




Mean I know but hey I’m Santa’s naughty elf and I have to use that time to work off the illegal Starbucks eggnog latte (350 calories) I had twice.........

No comments:

Post a Comment