Friday 30 October 2009

Night out........










Tonight I’m off to Drapers the fashion industry bible “Great British Fashion Event” one of those nights money can’t buy where we celebrate the great British fashion businesses.

So Marks and Spencer is 125 years old and Selfridges the iconic department store is 100 and the young fashion brand New Look has just hit 40 so obviously fabulous.
So had to get a new dress and shoes........ Shoes okay I’ll get those first as I can work the outfit round those and everything will be okay?

I’ve gone for a satin tiered sheath dress from Monsoon a British company – its slimming and I hope I look slimmer after all this effort.

I’m now working on the head and feet theory – if I pay attention to my hair and then my feet no one will notice the body in-between hidden by a very large clutch bag with a snarling Chihuahua on it...

I have spent this afternoon in my Velcro rollers getting my very straight hair to play curly for one night (fat chance).

I’m going to wear my super strength tights so they grip and hold just hope with some of this weight off the force of gravity doesn’t start to drag the top down and I have an unsightly bulge or second bosom effect after a few drinks.
I have also just eaten ham and eggs so I’m not going to nibble.

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing, I've done that before with some shapers, and have had them roll over and had an unintended roll of fat....the things we do to look good.

    ReplyDelete